Wednesday 26 December 2007

Quote added to independant study title

I have added a quote to the title of my independant study. The quote comes from the book :
Barry Purves, 'The Emperor's New Clothes', Animation World 1.1, April 1996.

  • 'I don't think after Jurassic Park that we can, or should ever accept a model animated dinosaur again.'. How has CGI ensured the box office successful of the animation genre, paying particular attention to 'Shrek the Third' (2007)

One reason I have chose to add this quote to my title as it reflects upon the idea that CGI, which was used in Jurassic Park, has had such an impact on the film industry and how things are now produced. In the past, dinosaurs were made from models, however no matter how hard they may try, the audience will always be aware that the dinosaurs a model, until now. Thanks to CGI, the dinosaurs have been transformed into almost life like dinosaurs (even though we all know there extinct). But it shows the potential of CGI and as i will mention in my essay, 'Jurassic Park' (1993) was to prove a pivotal point in the development of CGI animation and for the animation genre itself.

Another reason I added the quote is also 'Jurassic Park' is one of the historical texts I will be looking at.

No comments: