Monday 15 October 2007

Self Evaluation

A.

Attainment: B+
· My view is that I am not at my very best and there are places I can still improve. I feel that areas such the ability to work independently have been excellent although I still believe I can do much more. Also area’s such as the quality of writing is still needed to be worked on. Overall I feel I am doing well but I’m not at my best.

Effort: 2
· I believe that I still need to put more effort into my work. For example I need to e more persistent in searching for del.ici.ous links as I have only found two to three whereas if I kept at it, I may find more.

Punctuality: 1
· I am always on time for lessons and have not had an absent unless for educational reasons.

Submission and quality of homework: 2
· This aspect is usually my strongest however I believe that I have not fully performed to best that I know I can work to, however I still complete all my work and still do it very well and on time.

Ability to work independently: 1
· I have done a lot of things on my blog that my teachers have not told me to do illustrating my independent work. I feel I can still do more. Over the previous weekend I analysed my own blog by looking through it and found out areas I need to improve and wok on. See blog titled ‘Note’.

Quality of writing: 2
· I feel that I can still improve here by using more media terminology when writing. Also I am still getting to the idea of using S.H.E.P in my work.

Organisation of Media Folder: 1
· My folders are organised and I can easily find any work I need

Oral contribution in class: 1
· This is an aspect in which I have always been trying to improve in the past, however recently I feel more confident and am contributing more than I do.

Standard of Module 5blog: 1
· I feel that I have carried out all tasks set by my teacher and have inputted a lot of my own independent work. Also the work is of high quality and detail. Also I am happy in terms of the layout of the work on the blog aswell.

Standard of Module 6blog: 1
· I feel I have done very well on this blog in terms of posting up the latest issues and debates in the media. Two very good sites to look for these types of news are
http://media.guardian.co.uk/ and http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/ . I have found these to sites in particular very useful when it comes to searching for the latest media news. In terms of the teacher’s task set, I need to do more. For example, I have not completed the task set by Ms.Stevens, however I will complete all the work by this Wednesday. Otherwise I am very happy with this blog.

B.

WWW

1. Media Dictionaries are highly useful in terms of improving and learning media terminology.

2. Posting homework on the blog is also highly useful as they are easy to access and refer to.

3. The debates that we generally have after a student’s presentation in class are fun and interactive.

EBI

1. Helpful packs or worksheets

2. More progress in that we have not started topics of representation and genre

3. Tips on how to properly implement S.H.E.P into an essay.

No comments: